Summer or Winter Abroad
If you are interested in a summer or winter study abroad program in another location, please carefully review the Non-SJU Summer/Winter Study Abroad Procedures, which vary greatly from the policies and procedures for SJU-sponsored summer and winter programs.
Finally, if you have any questions or concerns about studying abroad over winter or summer term, please make an appointment with a CIP staff member: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why study abroad for a summer or winter?
- Earn major, minor, GEP, or elective credits
- Engage in hands-on learning
- Gain a global perspective of your coursework/field of study
- Improve language skills
- Gain cross-cultural skills & sensitivity
- Strengthen life skills such as flexibility, problem-solving, confidence, independence, communication, self-reliance, critical thinking, creativity, initiative
- Find new interests
- Make new friends & connections
- Enhance your resume/stand out!
- Increase employability with your new and enhanced skills
- Ability to discuss your experiences abroad in an interview
Need more reasons? Hear what SJU Faculty have to say about study abroad!
2014 SJU Summer Program in China at the Temple of Heaven in Beijing