Skip to content

I-20 Form Requirements

Once you are accepted to Saint Joseph's University, we can begin the process to issue you an I-20 form.  An I-20 is the immigration document needed to apply for an F-1 student visa.  In order to issue the I-20 we will need a copy of the first page of your passport and we will need financial documentation.  Proof that you have enough funding to pay for your first year of educational expenses is required by the Department of Homeland Security.  Educational expenses include tuition, living expenses, and any other costs incurred while studying in the United States.  Normally this funding comes from family savings or from your own personal savings, but it can also be financial support from a close family friend, sponsorship by your employer, your local government, etc.   Your bank statement  should be no older than 3 months from the date it is received at the university. 

If the bank statement is not in your name, we also need a signed letter from your financial sponsor confirming their intent to support you while you are studying at Saint Joseph’s.  This includes your parents if they are your financial sponsors.

Lastly, we need a confirmation of your address and phone number in your home country in order to mail the I-20 form.