Home > Study Abroad >
SJU is proud to offer numerous Summer and Winter Program Study Abroad opportunities each year!
We realize that not every student will be able to spend an entire semester or year abroad. Therefore, we offer multiple short-term options, including faculty-led SJU Summer programs. The Center for International Programs (CIP) plans, coordinates, and implements all aspects of the Saint Joseph’s University summer study programs. The courses are taught by SJU faculty from a variety of academic disciplines and departments, and a coordinator (appointed by the University) is available during the length of the program.
If you are interested in a summer or winter study abroad program in another location, please note that you must submit a completed Non-SJU Summer or Winter Study Abroad Application and Non-SJU Summer or Winter Study Abroad Credit Approval Form to the CIP office by April 1st (prior to your study abroad experience) in order to confirm the transfer of your summer or winter study abroad credits. Before you start this process, you should carefully review the Non-SJU Summer/Winter Study Abroad Procedures, which vary greatly from the policies and procedures for SJU-sponsored summer and winter programs.
If you have any questions or concerns about non-SJU summer or winter study abroad, please make an appointment with the Study Abroad Advisor.
Why study abroad for a summer or winter?
- Earn major, minor, GEP, or elective credits
- Engage in hands-on learning
- Gain a global perspective of your coursework/field of study
- Improve language skills
- Gain cross-cultural skills & sensitivity
- Strengthen life skills such as flexibility, problem-solving, confidence, independence, communication, self-reliance, critical thinking, creativity, inititative
- Find new interests
- Make new friends & connections
- Enhance your resume/stand out!
- Increase employability with your new and enhanced skills
- Ability to discuss your experiences abroad in an interview
U.S. students and their parents increasingly recognize the value of study abroad in order to be prepared for leadership roles in the global economy. (IIE Study Abroad White Paper Series, May 2007)
Need more reasons? Hear what SJU Faculty have to say about study abroad!
Information Sessions: Check out the event calendar for dates and times.
2014 SJU Summer Program in China at the Temple of Heaven in Beijing