The Center for International Programs is pleased to announce the addition of two, new semester abroad program options for Saint Joseph's students: the Alliance for Global Education in Pune, India and Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS) in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Alliance for Global Education: Contemporary India
- Explore contemporary India as a complex yet unified multi-cultural, multi-linguistic, religiously pluralistic democracy, and rising economic superpower
- Pursue your own academic interests and distinguish yourself professionally by completing an internship, directed research project, or documentary film on a topic of your choosing.
- Engage with Indian culture through co-curricular classes in traditional Indian vocals, instruments, or dance
- Participate in local activities and field visits that highlight the differences between urban and rural life in contemporary India.
- Possible of areas of study include: Asian Studies, International Relations, Economics, Sociology, Communication Studies, Interdisciplinary Health Services and Music, Theatre & Film
- With over 200 courses to chose from, DIS offers you an academically rigorous, hands-on curriculum - taught in English - that is unique to your interests.
- Cultural engagement opportunities integrate students into Danish culture and students gain academic knowledge and intercultural skills to prepare themselves for a globalized world.
- Choose from six, different housing options ranging from a Danish roommate to host family.
- Courses use the rich resources of Copenhagen for field studies to companies, galleries, parliament, television stations, hospitals, urban development projects, museums, and much more.
- Possible areas of study include: Interdisciplinary Health Services, International Business, Management, Gender Studies, Environmental Studies, Psychology, Sociology, and Communications; however, due to the extensive course list, students from other majors may also find that this program meets their academic needs.