NEW PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT: Fall 2015
The Center for International Programs is pleased to announce the addition of two, new semester abroad program options for Saint Joseph's students: the Alliance for Global Education in Pune, India and Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS) in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Alliance for Global Education: Contemporary India
- Explore contemporary India as a complex yet unified multi-cultural, multi-linguistic, religiously pluralistic democracy, and rising economic superpower
- Pursue your own academic interests and distinguish yourself professionally by completing an internship, directed research project, or documentary film on a topic of your choosing.
- Engage with Indian culture through co-curricular classes in traditional Indian vocals, instruments, or dance
- Participate in local activities and field visits that highlight the differences between urban and rural life in contemporary India.
- Possible of areas of study include: Asian Studies, International Relations, Economics, Sociology, Communication Studies, Interdisciplinary Health Services and Music, Theatre & Film
- With over 200 courses to chose from, DIS offers you an academically rigorous, hands-on curriculum - taught in English - that is unique to your interests.
- Cultural engagement opportunities integrate students into Danish culture and students gain academic knowledge and intercultural skills to prepare themselves for a globalized world.
- Choose from six, different housing options ranging from a Danish roommate to host family.
- Courses use the rich resources of Copenhagen for field studies to companies, galleries, parliament, television stations, hospitals, urban development projects, museums, and much more.
- Possible areas of study include: Interdisciplinary Health Services, International Business, Management, Gender Studies, Environmental Studies, Psychology, Sociology, and Communications; however, due to the extensive course list, students from other majors may also find that this program meets their academic needs.
For more information about both of these programs, please visit the CIP website. Note that both of these programs are open for fall 2015 applications (due March 1st).
FALL 2015 SEMESTER ABROAD POLICY UPDATE
In the event of a larger than anticipated applicant pool, the Center for International Programs may not be able to approve all study abroad applications. Complete applications from eligible students will be approved on a first come, first serve basis. For this reason, early applications are strongly advised.
Students that apply for fall 2015 study abroad by the March 1st deadline, but are not approved due to space will be placed on a waitlist. In the case of withdraws, priority will then be given to Saint Joseph's University students, students with no prior study abroad experience and students with exceptional, academic circumstances that may prevent them from studying abroad in a future semester. Some examples include (but are not limited to) class standing and major. All other students not approved for fall 2015 will be given priority for spring 2016. Deferred applications will be approved pending an academic and disciplinary check during the spring semester.